12 August 2011

Hakata no Shio: Hakata-san

unknown cosplay 102 from winter comiket 2010 / hakata no shio cosplay - hakata-sanCorrect me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a bag of MSG (Monosodium Glutamate)?

Then again, I suppose that could be salt or sugar as well, but please don’t tell me there are anime mascots for food additives now too?

I guess that’s not too far from reality, considering it’s Japan. In any case, thanks again to Winnie for sending this in!

EDIT: Thanks to anon for letting me know this is a personification of Hakata Salt (which is apparently from Mexico and packaged in Japan)!


  1. Yes it apears to be MSG in japan we know it as グルタミン酸ナトリウム but that doesnt tell me who she is cosplaying ;p i simply have no idea

  2. It's Hakata-san who's an unofficial mascot for 伯方の塩 (Salt from Hakata)

  3. Thanks, anon! Edited and tagged. :D

    愛子: Guess we were both fooled here! It's salt! xD