12 August 2011

Hakata no Shio: Hakata-san

unknown cosplay 102 from winter comiket 2010 / hakata no shio cosplay - hakata-sanCorrect me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a bag of MSG (Monosodium Glutamate)?

Then again, I suppose that could be salt or sugar as well, but please don’t tell me there are anime mascots for food additives now too?

I guess that’s not too far from reality, considering it’s Japan. In any case, thanks again to Winnie for sending this in!

EDIT: Thanks to anon for letting me know this is a personification of Hakata Salt (which is apparently from Mexico and packaged in Japan)!

3 comments:

  1. Yes it apears to be MSG in japan we know it as グルタミン酸ナトリウム but that doesnt tell me who she is cosplaying ;p i simply have no idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Hakata-san who's an unofficial mascot for 伯方の塩 (Salt from Hakata)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, anon! Edited and tagged. :D

    愛子: Guess we were both fooled here! It's salt! xD

    ReplyDelete